Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recipe Time: Sweet Potato Cookies

I have been looking for a way to have my cookies and keep my sugar intake low.  I think I got it with this recipe.  These cookies aren't very sweet and that's why I put raisins in them.  You can use nuts or chocolate chips instead if you so desire.

You will need
1 sweet potato
1 cup oatmeal
1 T shredded coconut unsweetened
2 T agave nectar
1 T butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp rum flavoring
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 cup raisins

Peel and cut the sweet potato into a large dice.  Boil the sweet pieces until tender.  Drain and mash, then let them cool for a few minutes.  Put everything except the raisins in a bowl and mix until even.  Mix in raisins.  Place tablespoon size balls of dough on a greased baking sheet.  I got 13 cookies out of the recipe.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy!

The whole recipe has
899 calories, 177 carbs, 14 grams fat, 17 grams protein and 97 grams of sugar.
Divide that by 13 and each cookie has
69 calories, 14 carbs, 1 gram of fat, 1 gram of protein, and 7 grams of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment