Sunday, June 26, 2011

Black bean strawberry brownies

I'm trying something GLUTEN FREE!  OMG I'm so scared.  This recipe comes out to 4 grams of sugar per brownie.  FOUR GRAMS OF SUGAR PER BROWNIE! I'm kind of in shock.  I didn't know you could get such low sugar from something without pumping it full of odd chemicals.

1 15oz can of black beans drained and rinsed (about 1 1/2 cups if you cook dry beans.)
8oz strawberries
2oz unsweetened bakers chocolate
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c plain soy milk (or whatever kind of milk you use, just make sure it's not sweetened.)
3 T agave nectar
2 T cocoa powder
6 or 7 diced up strawberries
wax paper

Put everything but the diced up strawberries and wax paper into a blender or food processor and blend until it's smooth. Like really smooth, you shouldn't be able to tell that there was ever anything solid in there. Cover a baking sheet with wax paper and spread the mix evenly.  Sprinkle in your diced strawberries and stick it in a 350˚ oven for 20 minutes or until it's not squishy.

I cut them up into 16 pieces.

Nutrition facts for total recipe: 1009 calories, 163 carbs, 34g fat,  41g protein, 1599mg sodium (mostly from the beans, it's probably less since we rinsed our beans.), 68g sugar.

Per brownie: 63 calories, 10 carbs, 2g fat, 3g protein, 100mg sodium (probably less), 4 GRAMS OF SUGAR


Notes: The next time I do this recipe, I'm going to use a smaller pan or double the recipe. They came out very thin.  Also, I'm going to use the rest of the pint for the diced strawberries. I would have this time but there were some lost to nibbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment